Risk Management Intern
If you are interested in working at KMRD as a Risk Management Intern, please apply and be sure to let us know which internship term you are applying to work. Our Summer 2019 program is currently full. We are looking for Interns for our 2019 Winter and 2020 Summer Programs.
KMRD is always looking for the next addition to our team. Want to gain valuable work experience with a reputable company? Our internship program is specifically designed for energetic, driven individuals who want real business experience and/or are looking for a viable path into the insurance industry.
As a KMRD Intern / Co-op, you will work alongside a team of dedicated risk and insurance professionals and assist them with:
- Quality control and review of property and casualty insurance policies. This includes exposure to our management team and the opportunity to learn about sophisticated insurance coverage, risk models and other risk transfer concepts.
- Developing and analyzing our prospect databases. This is an opportunity to learn how to use Salesforce, a relationship management system that has significant market share and continues to grow in popularity.
- Troubleshooting and reviewing issues surrounding our document management system. This system is state of the art and offers an opportunity to learn a cutting edge process.
- Pre-screening prospect lists through internet related research leading to potentially making direct contact with business decision makers.
- Creating Excel spreadsheets for clients that summarize their insurance related exposure basis such as property schedules, auto schedules, payroll schedules, etc.
- Analyzing and summarizing insurance loss information for clients to assist them in the identifying loss trends.
- Other projects that may need to be completed.
Once this intense and thorough training process is complete, the Intern will have a better understanding of this industry and an office work environment in general. An internship with KMRD will offer insight and experience to help prepare the student for this business and/or the goal of potentially hiring them after graduation to be part of our future.
Here's what prior people have said about their experience at KMRD:
“The training has been invaluable to the development of my sales and relationship building skills. It helped to lay the foundation for a successful career in the insurance industry. It helps to develop habits early in your career that will set you far above your peers and competitors”.
“Going right into the training program out of college has been a great experience. Not only do I get to use the skills that I learned while taking classes for my degree but I get to expand on them everyday in an actual professional environment".
"I’ve received top of the line training that I don’t think I would get anywhere else in the first 2 years of my career. It truly has been a great experience that challenges me every day”.
“If you have the drive and willingness to work hard and learn, this is an amazing career to be in. I have learned a tremendous amount about insurance and specific details to set myself apart from other sales associates. If you are looking for variety and a multitude of challenges, this could be the career path for you”.
KMRD delivers risk management solutions and insurance brokerage services to over 2000 clients nationwide. Our award-winning team, disciplined approach, proven processes, combined with our collaborative risk management technology make KMRD the leading choice for existing clients and future partners looking to improve protection and reduce the overall cost of risk.
No experience necessary…We will train you! We especially seek out people with the following qualities:
- Fast learner - Can pick up things quickly and does not require hand holding
- Ambitious - We want to grow our company
- Results driven - You must love to get stuff done and be focused on results
- Team Player - This person will work with people in different functions across the organization
KMRD offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, and more.
KMRD is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.