Employee Benefits Account Manager / Employee Benefits Consultant
We’re KMRD Partners, a boutique risk management and human capital solutions firm. Our award-winning team, disciplined approach, proven processes, and technology platform all work together to make us the leading choice for over 2000 clients around the globe.
We're a 5-Time Inc. 5000 honoree - and in 2017 alone, KMRD won awards for best agency to work for from the Insurance Journal, fastest growing company from the University of Delaware, and responsible corporate conduct from DeSales University’s Forum for Ethics in the Workplace.
Over the last 12 months, KMRD has doubled its client base, grew sales by 22%, and maintained a 98% client retention rate (this is over 10 years!). Accomplishing all of this is no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help us grow KMRD to the next level.
We filled this position but we are always looking for great talent! Our Benefits Consultant / Benefits Account Managers work in our Warrington PA office and report directly to the Managing Director of our Human Capital Solutions Practice. They play a vital role and be responsible for the day-to-day management of a number of our employee benefits clients.
You will be challenged with solving complex customer service issues, preparing RFPs, working with insurance markets on plan design and pricing, developing and recommending benefit funding strategies, developing and recommending benefit plan designs, maintaining data integrity, and taking the lead on renewals. You will also serve as the client’s primary point of contact for all issues and services related to each account.
- You will serve as day-to-day contact on benefit plan matters.
- You will coordinate employee communications and oversee new client set-up, renewals and open enrollment meetings.
- You will resolve client service issues and concerns directly and escalate client concerns when appropriate.
- You will lead on designated renewals; prepare RFPs, collect and review competitive proposals, prepare renewal presentations illustrating market offerings and present recommendations.
- You will provide administrative support to assigned clients, educate clients on applicable legislation and market trends, and advise clients on employee benefits compliance.
- You will collect required information for obtaining benefit plan pricing from insurance carriers and general agents, and collaborate with and supervise assigned third party service providers assigned to the client.
- You will also generate interest in additional lines of coverage and cross serving opportunities, support senior level team members, and maintain data integrity and quality with any applicable technology platforms in a timely manner.
- You have 3-5 years of employee benefits account management experience in the middle market segment.
- You possess a BA/BS in business administration, risk management, human resources management, or related field. (Industry certifications are a plus)
- You bring a working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- You possess the current licensing in appropriate lines of authority.
- You are able to travel based on client and business needs.
- You are able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point (and other related technologies/programs).
SOFT SKILLS YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are a flexible thinker with an ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- You have a strong work ethic and integrity, and are able to commitment to the KMRD vision and mission.
- You have excellent administrative skills, communication (oral and written) skills, and interpersonal skills.
- You have the proven ability to follow up on schedules, set priorities and achieve deadlines.
- You have a growth mind-set and demonstrate a real sense of inquiry and a personal willingness to learn.
- You are a self-motivated, team player able to build trust and support of peers and able to promote collaboration within departments.
WHAT KMRD HAS FOR YOU:
We believe in paying a fair wage, offering great benefits, and providing a work environment and career platform for you to grow. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, and more.
People who work inside KMRD care a whole lot about Impact and Purpose, Autonomy and Growth, Health and Wellness, Trust and Transparency, Diversity and Inclusivity, and Well-rounded Experiences. If this sounds like you, apply to join our team.
KMRD is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Does the above sound like it might be you? Click the green button to apply or share this job in your social networks with your friends.